RE: SOLVED: RE: Garbled audio - Windows 7 64 bit guest on Debian

Thanks for that reminder, Avi.  You are right - it would be best to not be running kvm as root or with any special capabilities.  I mainly wanted to report back that I got the sound working by switching to PulseAudio.  I made the other changes so I would not have to run kvm as root and it would see the environment variable.  When I run without that capability, it seems that kvm cannot create the tun device.  I will do more research and if I can't find the information I need, I'll start a new thread.

-----------------------------
Jimmy Crossley
CoNetrix
Sentry Plaza III
5214 68th Street, Suite 200
Lubbock, TX  79424
jcrossley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
https://www.CoNetrix.com
Telephone: 806-687-8600
Toll Free: 800-356-6568
Fax: 806-687-8511
This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain confidential CoNetrix information. If you are not the intended recipient, you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to official business are neither given nor endorsed by CoNetrix.