Re: Nested virtualization on Intel does not work - second level freezes when third level is starting

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Guido Winkelmann
<guido-kvml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 11. April 2012, 23:14:07 schrieb Kashyap Chamarthy:
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Guido Winkelmann
>> <guido-kvml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>> Here is my complete notes on nested virtualization w/ Intel  --
>> http://kashyapc.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/nested-virtualization-with-kvm-inte
>> l/
>
> I had already found you blog post via Google :). In fact, I used some of the
> things you wrote for setting up my system, in the hopes that I would have more
> luck.
>
> BTW, the line for modprobe.d/dist.conf should read
>
> options kvm_intel nested=1

Really? I wonder how it went that far then. Thanks for that, I'll make
the correction and re-try it.

And I see in your other email, it seemed to work for you (w/ the patch
indicated in that email). Good to know. I'll give it a try sometime
this weekend.