Re: Windows7 crashes inside the VM when starting a certain program

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:57:44PM +0200, André Weidemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 26.07.2011 12:08, Gleb Natapov wrote:

> >>I did some testing and found out that Windows7 does not crash
> >>anymore when changing "-cpu host" to "-cpu Nehalem". After doing so,
> >What is your host cpu (cat /proc/cpuinfo)?
>
> The server is currently running on 2 out of 8 cores with kernel boot
> parameter "maxcpus=2".
>
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
> pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
> pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good
> xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est
> tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm ida tpr_shadow
> vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
Flags that are present on -cpu host but not -cpu Nehalem (excluding vmx
related flags):

vme dts acpi ss ht tm pbe rdtscp constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good
xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 xtpr pdcm  ida

Some of them may be synthetic and some of them may be filtered by KVM.

Can you try to run "-cpu host,-vme,-dts..." (specifying all of those
flags with -). Drop those that qemu does not recognize. See if result
will be the same as with -cpu Nehalem. If yes, then try to find out with
flag make the difference.

--
			Gleb.