Re: KVM devices assignment; PCIe AER?

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, Chris Wright wrote:

Right, and adding more to the existing KVM code which we are hoping to
push to legacy support mode doesn't sound like a great idea.

I would totally agree with you if the alternative implementation to this legacy mode would be available in a relatively short time frame. I'm not sure about that?

In that context, do you think it's acceptable for KVM to be the
driver of the assigned devices? OR should we simply add the AER
logic into existing pci-stub and relay the information to user-space
through eventfd...

I'm reluctant to add logic to pci-stub, but VFIO should be able to
handle this directly.

I agree that VFIO should be able to do the job.

thanks,
-Etienne