Re: Virtio network performance poorer than emulated e1000

26.07.2010 11:26, Jes Sorensen wrote:
On 07/24/10 17:04, Balachandar wrote:
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:11 AM, Jes Sorensen<Jes.Sorensen@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Actually i got better results when i downloaded qemu-kvm 0.12.4 from
sourceforge and ran it. Now virtio performs better than emaulated
e1000 with our own simple ping-pong latency tests. Previously i used
Debian squeeze kvm package and i got poor results for virtio. I used
vhost-net as described by the kvm
website.http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/VhostNet. This also seem to have
the same problems i faced with Debian kvm package. How are you guyz
using vhost? Is there any other way to use vhost?

Ok thats good to hear. Sounds like the Debian package might be dodgy, or
they just happened to snapshot at a bad time.

I wonder which version it is - the "debian package".  Are we talking
about kvm-72 from debian lenny perhaps?

Current version is 0.12.4-1, which is upstream 0.12.4-1 with a few
bugfixes (such as >1Tb block device corruption).  I'm not sure how
that one might be "dogdy" or snapshotted at a bad time.

Thanks!

/mjt