Re: [GIT PULL] KVM/riscv changes for 6.9

On Thu, Mar 07, 2024, Anup Patel wrote:
> KVM/riscv changes for 6.9
>
> - Exception and interrupt handling for selftests
> - Sstc (aka arch_timer) selftest
> - Forward seed CSR access to KVM userspace
> - Ztso extension support for Guest/VM
> - Zacas extension support for Guest/VM

> Anup Patel (5):
>       RISC-V: KVM: Forward SEED CSR access to user space
>       RISC-V: KVM: Allow Ztso extension for Guest/VM
>       KVM: riscv: selftests: Add Ztso extension to get-reg-list test
>       RISC-V: KVM: Allow Zacas extension for Guest/VM
>       KVM: riscv: selftests: Add Zacas extension to get-reg-list test
>
> Haibo Xu (11):
>       KVM: arm64: selftests: Data type cleanup for arch_timer test
>       KVM: arm64: selftests: Enable tuning of error margin in arch_timer test
>       KVM: arm64: selftests: Split arch_timer test code
>       KVM: selftests: Add CONFIG_64BIT definition for the build
>       tools: riscv: Add header file csr.h
>       tools: riscv: Add header file vdso/processor.h
>       KVM: riscv: selftests: Switch to use macro from csr.h
>       KVM: riscv: selftests: Add exception handling support
>       KVM: riscv: selftests: Add guest helper to get vcpu id

Uh, what's going on with this series?  Many of these were committed *yesterday*,
but you sent a mail on February 12th[1] saying these were queued.  That's quite
the lag.

I don't intend to police the RISC-V tree, but this commit caused a conflict with
kvm-x86/selftests[2].  It's a non-issue in this case because it's such a trivial
conflict, and we're all quite lax with selftests, but sending a pull request ~12
hours after pushing commits that clearly aren't fixes is a bit ridiciulous.  E.g.
if this were to happen with a less trivial conflict, the other sub-maintainer would
be left doing a late scramble to figure things out just before sending their own
pull requests.

  tag kvm-riscv-6.9-1
  Tagger:     Anup Patel <anup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  TaggerDate: Thu Mar 7 11:54:34 2024 +0530

  commit d8c0831348e78fdaf67aa95070bae2ef8e819b05