Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] COCONUT Secure VM Service Module for SEV-SNP

On Tue, 2023-03-21 at 10:29 +0100, Jörg Rödel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce that last week our secure VM service module
> (SVSM) went public on GitHub for everyone to try it out and
> participate in its further development. It is dual-licensed under the
> MIT and APACHE-2.0 licenses.
>
> The project is written in Rust and can be cloned from:
>
>         https://github.com/coconut-svsm/svsm
>
> There are also repositories in the github project with the Linux host
> and guest, EDK2 and QEMU changes needed to run the SVSM and boot up a
> full Linux guest.
>
> The SVSM repository contains an installation guide in the INSTALL.md
> file and contributor hints in CONTRIBUTING.md.
>
> A blog entry with more details is here:
>

> https://www.suse.com/c/suse-open-sources-secure-vm-service-module-
> for-confidential-computing/
>
> We also thank AMD for implementing and providing the necessary
> changes to Linux and EDK2 to make an SVSM possible.

Since this a fork of the AMD svsm code
(https://github.com/AMDESE/linux-svsm/), is it intended to be a
permanent fork, or are you going to be submitting your additions back
upstream like we're trying to do for our initial vTPM prototype?  From
the community point of view, having two different SVSM code bases and
having to choose which one to develop against is going to be very
confusing ...

James