Re: sync guest calls made async on host - SQLite performance

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Matthew Tippett <tippettm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would prefer rather than riling against Phoronix or the results as
> presented, ask questions to seek further information about what was tested
> rather than writing off all of it as completely invalid.

Matthew-

If you could please provide very specific instructions that you have
personally used to reproduce this problem on the latest Ubuntu Karmic
qemu-kvm-0.11.0 package, that would help very much.

I have personally tried to reproduce this problem and I don't see the
problem manifested in Ubuntu's qemu-kvm package.

For the technical people on the list, our configure line in Ubuntu
looks like this:

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-blobs --audio-drv-list="alsa pa
oss sdl" --audio-card-list="ac97 es1370 sb16 cs4231a adlib gus" ...

I don't think we're doing anything exotic, and we're not carrying any
major patches.  I have submitted each patch that we are carrying
upstream to the KVM and/or QEMU mailing lists as appropriate.

:-Dustin