Re: Network throughput limits for local VM <-> VM communication

Fischer, Anna wrote:
Not sure I understand. As far as I can see the packets are replicated on the tun/tap interface before they actually enter the bridge. So this is not about the bridge learning MAC addresses and flooding frames to unknown destinations. So I think this is different.

Okay.

You said:

However, without VLANs, the tun
interface will pass packets to all tap interfaces. It has to, as it
doesn't know to which one the packet has to go to.

Well, it shouldn't. The tun interface should pass the packets to just one tap interface.

Can you post the qemu command line you're using? There's a gotcha there that can result in what you're seeing.