Re:Re: Is guest OS oriented scheduling welcome?

(sorry if it is duplicated. My email server keeps on sending
html-formated emails)

Hi,
Linux scheduler is not changed at all.  I only extended it.

If the extended scheduler mechanism decided to de-schedule a vcpu thread.
Before entering guest mode, the vcpu thread will block itself,
 and therefore Linux won't schedule it any more,
until the extended scheduling mechanism wakes that vcpu thread up.

On theory, the host mode time can also be accounted.  if the
sched_in/sched_out is hooked.
However, because currently I use tasklet to run the extended scheduler,
 and at the time of sched_in/sched_out, tasklet can not be scheduled.
If the extended scheduler mechanism is implemented as timer function,
 your requirement can be fulfiled.

Regards,
alex.

在2009-04-22,"Avi Kivity" <avi@xxxxxxxxxx> 写道:
>Do you mean, to KVM, or to the Linux scheduler?
>>I think this is very interesting, but should be integrated with the
 >Linux scheduler, so it could apply to normal processes, and so it
can >account for host mode, not just guest mode.