Re:Re: Is guest OS oriented scheduling welcome?

在2009-04-22,"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> 写道:
>Although the standard scheduler tunables are per thread, it is possible
>to put each QEMU process into a separate CGroup, and use the cpu_shares
>tunable to control scheduling priority of the guest as a whole, instead
>of individual threads. Not sure it this is sufficient for what you
>want, but it is one possible option for guest scheduling..
>
>Daniel
>--
Sorry if this email is duplicated. My email server keeps on sending
html-formated emails.

do you mean control all the guests as a whole, with no difference?
I guess a computing cloud provider are not satisfied either.
I guest they want the following function:
 VM1 should has 30% cpu time
 VM2 should has 50% cpu time
 VM3 should has 20% cpu time

the extended scheduler I mentioned can provide this capacity.
And the meaning is more than this: in the future, you can
co-scheduling a set of virtual machines to make them cooperate with
each other more efficiently, only with the help of a few use level
tools.

Regards,
alex.