Re: question on KVM run flow on Intel-VT

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 08:55:49PM +0800, MaJia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am learning kvm + Intel-VT nowadays. Since I am rookie on both kvm and
> Intel-VT, I got following questions about run flow of kvm on vmx.
>
> I think the cpu is running in 'vmx non-root' mode when execution flow
> reach 'vmx_vcpu_run' and the batch of 'asm code' take responsibility of
> run guest on cpu.
>
> My question is, when and where will the execution flow return to vmx root
> mode?

I may not clarify my question. I mean, when vmexit occur, which caused by
executing io instruction from guest, will the cpu switch to vmx root
mode? Will the cpu direct goto run 'handle_io' function?

When cpu running in vmx non-root mode, an interrupt occurs, what is the
behavior of cpu?

Thanks.
Bruce.