Re: kvm 84 update

Armindo Silva wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Charles Duffy
<Charles_Duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What problems with the VNC window?
The mouse is always out of sync.

That's what -usbdevice tablet is for.

Other problem is that all my guest lost their default network config -
they all had static ips if i configure them again with the same
settings windows warn me about that address being in use by a hidden
network device (if i ignore that message it works - at least as far i
can tell).
Perhaps you aren't specifying MAC address on the command line, so they get a
new one every boot?

I am launching the machines like this (i am using libvirt):
 /usr/bin/kvm -M pc -m 2000 -smp 3 -monitor pty -localtime -boot c
-drive file=/mnt/vm/db/newroot.qcow2,if=ide,index=0,boot=on -drive
file=/mnt/vm/db/databases.qcow2,if=ide,index=1 -drive
file=/mnt/backup/isos/os/w2k3_server_sp2.iso,if=ide,media=cdrom,index=2
-net nic,macaddr=00:16:3e:67:a9:4a,vlan=0 -net tap,fd=7,script=,vlan=0
-usb -vnc 192.168.0.250:10008

Yup, looks fine.

I don't know Windows well enough to know under which circumstances it behaves as you describe, and would suggest diagnosing things starting from that direction.

Also now, all of them (including fresh VMs) have a new PCI
Device to which i cannot find drivers - i am not using virtio so
everything thing should be working, right?
That's the virtio console. It's on by default, and completely harmless;
ignore it.

Even with virtio disabled?

There isn't really a concept of globally disabling virtio. Even if you haven't enabled the virtio network or block devices, the virtio console is still enabled by default in kvm-84.