Re: After upgrading from F7 kvm-65-15 to F10 kvm-74-10

Ross McKay wrote:
Gerry Reno wrote:

[...] After digging around awhile we finally figured out that we had to once again 'chcon -t virt_image_t path_to_image' as we had done back when we first setup the VM's. But what is the proper procedure so that we don't lose the selinux attributes on these image files? [...]

You need to tell selinux about paths that you have custom selinux
contexts on if you want those contexts to persist. Something like
(assuming /path/to/image is a folder):

semanage fcontext -a -t virt_image_t "/path/to/image(/.*)?"

That will add them to the selinux database, and a restorecon will
preserve your changes (and reassert them if something else changes the
contexts of the files, or if you move a file from another place into
/path/to/image)
Ok, thanks.  I'll run that command on all the image file directory trees.

Now if we can just get some guidance on all this console connection craziness maybe we can get back to normal running.

Regards,
Gerry