Re: After upgrading from F7 kvm-65-15 to F10 kvm-74-10

Gerry Reno wrote:

>[...]  After digging around awhile we finally figured
>out that we had to once again 'chcon -t virt_image_t  path_to_image' as
>we had done back when we first setup the VM's.  But what is the proper
>procedure so that we don't lose the selinux attributes on these image
>files?  [...]

You need to tell selinux about paths that you have custom selinux
contexts on if you want those contexts to persist. Something like
(assuming /path/to/image is a folder):

semanage fcontext -a -t virt_image_t "/path/to/image(/.*)?"

That will add them to the selinux database, and a restorecon will
preserve your changes (and reassert them if something else changes the
contexts of the files, or if you move a file from another place into
/path/to/image)
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"