Re: Compiling error : ppc440_bamboo.o fails

Hollis Blanchard ha scritto:
On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 19:30 +0100, Giuseppe Falsetti wrote:
Hi Hollis,
no I don't have a  440, I have only many 970 :-|
So I can't hope that KVM will support 970 cpus? Qemu already support this, why for KVM is so difficoult?

Implementing KVM for 970 would require emulating the 970 core in the
kernel (probably the MMU would be the most difficult). I won't say this
is easier or harder than qemu, but it's hard in different ways.
Sorry, but, for example if I want to emulate an x86 system on a 970 Host, I need to emulate an x86 core and not the 970. Or not? Obviously the emulation is slowly with and without 970 features optimizations.
Noone is interested? Or the problem is the HW to develop/test on?

I can't speak for anybody else, but I think it's mostly interest. I have
a G5 at home, but not enough time/interest to work on KVM for it.

I can participate only as tester, I'm not a developer, but I can provide the HW for the cause.

Unfortunately at this point some pretty low-level development is
required. Thanks for your offer though; maybe somebody else on this list
will be interested.
I hope :-)

Giuseppe.