Re: [patch] remove vcpu_info array v5

Avi Kivity wrote:
Jes Sorensen wrote:
What I meant was that I was able to compile the code, and there was only
one piece left that needed that function, which is why I moved it and
made it static in the acpi code.

That's because there is another static array in acpi.c...

Which array are you talking about? ACPI has it's own limitations, like
we need ACPI 3.0 to go beyond 256 processors :-(

Well we have to start somewhere. Just because there's limits in other
areas too, doesn't mean we should discard valid improvements elsewhere.
I'll get to some of that at some point, but there's soo many cards used
to build this house....

Your patch builds the 16383rd floor while ignoring the 15th. Qemu scaling issues are much, much more painful than what you were addressing.

Well I am not ignoring the 15th floor, I am just putting in expandable
rails that can go all the way to the 16383rd. Next I'll get to look at
putting in the button to make the elevator stop at the 15th+ floors :)

Cheers,
Jes