Re: [patch] remove vcpu_info array v5

Avi Kivity wrote:
The code I mentioned only runs if the -no-kvm-irqchip option is passed. It's not the highest performing option...

What I meant was that I was able to compile the code, and there was only
one piece left that needed that function, which is why I moved it and
made it static in the acpi code.

So this isn't used a lot. But cpus definitely use cpu numbers (as apic ids), so qemu needs to be prepared to handle this. As to scalability, that takes will take a lot more work than removing/changing arbitrary limits. Look at qemu_mutex and weep.

Well we have to start somewhere. Just because there's limits in other
areas too, doesn't mean we should discard valid improvements elsewhere.
I'll get to some of that at some point, but there's soo many cards used
to build this house....

Cheers,
Jes

PS: I'll look at your other suggestions to my patch tomorrow.