Re: [patch] remove vcpu_info array v5

Jes Sorensen wrote:
If we have reasons where we actually rely on the cpu number, and thats
not counting end-user pretty-number-print concerns, then I found that
we practically never use the cpu number. If we really use it a lot, I
agree we need a fast way, I just didn't hit it in my builds. What did I
miss?

The code I mentioned only runs if the -no-kvm-irqchip option is passed. It's not the highest performing option...

So this isn't used a lot. But cpus definitely use cpu numbers (as apic ids), so qemu needs to be prepared to handle this. As to scalability, that takes will take a lot more work than removing/changing arbitrary limits. Look at qemu_mutex and weep.