Re: Against removing aarch32 kvm host support

Am Dienstag, den 28.04.2020, 14:30 +0100 schrieb Marc Zyngier:

Hi,

well, the PCBs are currently in production, the cases are already here (coating
is currently being delayed as the company has closed down due to Corona right
now), so the first 500 units would be ready to be shipped in around 2 - 3 months
at latest.

The non-existance problem would therefore be solved then.

So far, AFAIK, the Letux team has tried their best to get as close to possible
to mainline kernel and support as many classic devices (OMAP3 and OMAP4 devices
as well), so removing 32bit support from mainline would surely be a step back
for a lot of older devices as well.

I know we have to accept the decision, but so far, I've known Linux to support
as many older devices as possible as well - removing KVM Host 32bit support
would be a step back here.

Is there a specific reason for that?
Is it too complex to maintain alongside the aarch64 KVM Host?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Mrozek

OpenPandora GmbH