Re: Against removing aarch32 kvm host support

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your email.

On 2020-04-28 13:38, Lukas Straub wrote:
Hello Everyone,
As a preorder of the Pyra handheld, (OMAP5 SoC with 2x cortex-a15 arm cores) I'm against removing KVM host support for aarch32. I'm probably going to use this device for more than 5 years and thus the latest lts-kernel is no option
for me.

So let me spell it out. You are against the removal of a feature that you don't use yet, that you may of may not use on a device that doesn't exist yet, which you may or may not still be using by the time 5.4/5.6 aren't supported anymore.
You don't seem to have the strongest case, I'm afraid.

But nothing is lost! The code is still in the git tree, ou can always revert the removal patches and revive the port if you are so inclined. It will just need to be stand-alone, and not depend on the arm64 code, which is now evolving its own
separate way.

Cheers,

        M.