Re: Against removing aarch32 kvm host support

* Michael Mrozek <EvilDragon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [200428 14:27]:
> Am Dienstag, den 28.04.2020, 14:30 +0100 schrieb Marc Zyngier:
> I know we have to accept the decision, but so far, I've known Linux to support
> as many older devices as possible as well - removing KVM Host 32bit support
> would be a step back here.
>
> Is there a specific reason for that?
> Is it too complex to maintain alongside the aarch64 KVM Host?

I don't know the details, but ideally things would be set up
in a way where folks interested in patching 32-bit arm kvm support
can do so without causing issues for 64-bit kvm development.

That being said, I don't know who might be interested in doing
all the work for that. It's unrealistic to expect Marc to do this
work if he's not using it.

Features that are used get more resources, and features that are
less used end up just bitrotting into a broken state in about
six weeks in the Linux kernel :)

Regards,

Tony