Re: QEMU on ARM64

On 5 March 2014 11:33, Chalamarla, Tirumalesh
<Tirumalesh.Chalamarla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> How to specify qemu, to provide emulated gic to host (instead of using kvm gic).

There is a QEMU command line option for that (I forget the syntax) but it
is not really supported for ARM because it won't work with the generic timers,
which the guest kernel is typically using. Those must go through a kernel
provided VGIC because there's no mechanism for directing a generic timer
IRQ out of the kernel and down to userspace to feed to a userspace
emulated GIC.

thanks
-- PMM