Re: Prempt Rt-Patch for KVM ARM

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM, sanju james <sanjukuttu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I had tried out the idea as you mention but there is some problem to bring
> up the configuration. I check out the version of kernel as you told and
> compiled, it is ok. Later when i tried to boot up the host , after the fast
> models where launched there was no response, infact no terminal was opened
> to show the boot up messages.
>
> Later i tried to change also the  device tree to previous version with
> commit number d12cc67, this has also made no difference.
>
> Can you suggest me what could be the problem since boot up messages are not
> coming am not able to identify what could be the problem.
>
> Is there a need to change filesystem ? or it is same always for all the
> release.

You should be able to get boot messages regardless of your file
system. First the kernel is loaded into memory and it connects to the
serial port.

The Fast models are actually a really powerful debugging tool, so I
recommend you try to use it and figure out where it gets stuck.

Usually these types of problems are caused by a combination of a bad
kernel config and/or a bad device tree.

Of course there could also be a problem with the actual kernel sources
you're using, in which case git bisect is your friend.

Also, please don't top-post to the kvmarm list.

-Christoffer