Re: Getting lan9118 to work in KVM guest?

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 18:27:53 +0100, Jessica Allison
<jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK. Running with kernel_irqchip=on gives me the same error. For now it
> doesn't seem to be a problem. The guest runs OK.

That's interesting. I do not see any of these here. I guess I must be
lucky... Can you send me your .config in private so I can try to reproduce
this?

> Which is currently the best branch (most features and best performance)
> to work on from scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git?

"Best performance" when running on the model makes me chuckle... Sorry...
;-)

If you want a taste of the bleeding edge, you can always take
kvm-arm-v3.6-rc3-timer, which should give you a nice mix of features and
potential bugs.

Make sure you have an up to date qemu (well, actually, an outdated one,
but not too ancient...) and that your boot-wrapper puts the CPUs in HYP
mode before entering the kernel.

Cheers,

        M.
--