Re: Question about installing latest kvm on arm (cannot boot host Linux)

On 7 September 2012 10:35, shi roger <rogershijicheng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have disable "append device tree config option", but nothing happened either. I guess my host NF S is not configured well, so is there any other way to boot the host without NFS? If the kernel cannot load the file system, will it still print out some error message to serial port?

earlyprintk should output some text even without successfully loading a file system. Not getting any output at all means that there is a problem far too early. You could eventually use model debugger to get a better idea on where the problem is (bootwrapper or kernel).

Also the provided "host_config" was meant for kvm-a15-v8 branch if I am not mistaken. Use that kernel configuration as is for the v8 branch, no need to reconfigure with "make vexpress_defconfig".