KVM for Android - status and source code?

> 1. What's the status of your KVM implementation? For example, does it
> successfully boots an
> Android OS (or another OS) as guest? In addition, did you test it with a
> host other than Android?

It successfully boots a simple Linux guest with busybox in an initrd
environment on ARMv5. A full Android guest is not yet supported and we
have only tested with the Android emulator as host for now. We are
working on improved device support and support for newer
architectures.

> 2. I noticed that you were trying to use QEMU in the beginning, so I'm
> guessing you had to port
> it to ARM. If yes, what's the status (e.g., any major bugs)?

QEMU works when cross-compiling for ARM<->ARM. I believe the newer
upstream versions of QEMU are much easier to cross-compile than
before. The speed is, however, not impressive.

> 3. Is your source code available anywhere? I noticed recently your wiki has
> changed and is not
> accessible by people outside of Columbia.
Some pages have been made available to the public again. Take a look
at: https://wiki.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/wiki/index.php/AndroidVirt:MainPage

You can get the source code by going here: http://git.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/git

We expect to have a technical report on the project so far ready some
time in the near future. Otherwise, stay tuned on this list for more
info.

I would be very interested in the results of your survey, if you don't
mind passing them along once you're done.

Thanks,
Christoffer