Is there a simple way to turn off KDE's MTP code?

Hi All,

I can't seem to mount my phone and get to the top of the phone's directory tree, just "Camera". I'm accustomed to doing this with either the jmtpfs and / or fusermount utilities and I get both the entire exportable tree of the phone itself and a second one for the phone's SD card. These appear to be unavailable with KDE's MTP code.

Heck, I don't really need KED's MTP code, and don't really want to delete it, but I did look into removing it and it's not obvious how one would do that, either.

I also tried telling the system - the OS, not KDE - to ignore the phone for MTP purposes but that blocks all access, apparently. And, I also tried KDE's configuration tools but they appear to be completely broken. It MIGHT be that KDE's MTP tools don't double-check (do a refresh of some sort) when one issues "systemctl reload systemd-udevd.service", so maybe that KDE's configuration options to ignore devices aren't working for that reason. (A reboot is very time consuming and painful and so I avoid all reboots whenever possible or I'd have tested this already.)

So, just turning off this code should work for me. Any tips for that?

Thanks,
Richard

--
Richard Troy, Chief Scientist