Re: RSS-Reader

Am 28.07.23 um 09:07 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
(...)
I think also Thunderbird has a feed-reeding addon.
Indeed, but it is a bad implementation. After some Month an a few
thousend new the DB is damaged an chrashed the whole system. I cloud not
recommend TB as RSS-Reader.

(...)
Unfortunately Akonadi still does have its issues. After I bet about 10
years of its introduction or even more. That is really sad, cause it
sheds a bad image on KDE. Many KDE applications are outright excellent!
Plasma is really nice these days. But Akonadi and Baloo are two parts of
KDE that IMHO still need work to fix them up (or replace them with
something that works reliably).
Exact! Akonadi and Baloo are the grave digger for KDE!

They should remove or repair this @#$% frameworks, or -better- replace
it by a better developed framework.

A PC needs a desktop with a integrated PIM. Thats is what user wants
today as a base. KDE could be this part perfectly, but with Akonadi and
Baloo this is failing.

I have read sometime that users should change the DB to PGSQL or SQLite.
But as long as this is not done as default, KDE will lack of this issue.

jm2c