Re: KDE4 pager without outlines?

Mun posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2023 15:42:40 -0700 as excerpted:

> I am using KDE4 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7) and was wondering
> if there is a pager replacement that will do the following:
>
> o  Highlight the current Virtual Desktop with a unique color or something
> o  Not have any of the window outlines shown within the Pager

FWIW...

It's unlikely to come as a surprise that plasma5's pager has had the
current-desktop highlighting feature for some time, so that one should be
taken care of by an upgrade.

While the window outlines are still not optional in plasma5, they're far
less obtrusive (IIRC and as your post implies compared to what I see
here).  There's an option to toggle icons for them, but not to remove the
outlines entirely.

Plasma5's pager does, however, have an option (that I don't remember
whether 4 had or not) to display desktop name, number, or nothing.  With it
set to name and the name long enough (and the pager set small enough if
it's not in a small panel already), it practically obscures any window
outlines.  Of course one can also get create with the names, pasting in
characters like 🅰-🆉 (hope the character encoding works for those, I guess
I'll see when I post) from kcharselect instead of using normal characters,
even further obscuring anything other than the displayed desktop name.