Who has stuck with an older version of Plasma for a while?

I'm thinking about sticking with KDE Plasma 5.26 (or maybe one of the
KDE Plasma 5.25 releases) until I'm ready to move to wayland and
Plasma 6.

I'm on Arch Linux (with an nvidia GPU, proprietary driver and X.org).
I guess I could pin all KDE packages to a specific version while
continuing to update the rest of my system.

Who is doing something similar and could offer me some advice? (Or
should I ask on an Arch Linux forum?)

Any opinions on which version from the last 6 to 9 months would be a
good candidate to stick with for a good long while?

Currently on plasmashell 5.27.0. Going backwards seems a better choice
than going forward right now -- for me.