Re: A way to disable the long-left mouse click shortcut to enter "Edit Mode" / modifying widgets?

Okay I'm back sorry.

Rene:
- your distro packages the touch-interface in an optional package. Uninstall that. Plasma should lose support for using your panel for its own features but you still have the device drivers installed so it should still work at the system level
- set up another DE and use that instead of Plasma. Most environments allow changing the window manager so if you're fond of KWin and its widget styling you can still use that. And of course your KDE applications will continue to work.

I did #1 as asked before I found out plasma-workspace is a package that existed, and I didn't get anywhere with this. I thought I've uninstalled a package that seemed like it included the gesture (couldn't remember what that package was, but it was plasma-touch related), but that did not work. What if I just uninstalled plasma5-workspace as a package? lol

I'm doing #2 as I type.

Duncan:
Meanwhile, I /think/ you should be able to trigger it too as I'm guessing
it's not touch-specific (tho primarily targeted at touch).  Does a click-
and-hold on the plasmashell desktop with your presumably regular (or at
least not touch-device) mouse trigger edit mode?  I'm guessing it does.

It should. Every fresh install as far as I know with KDE Plasma included (different distros like Manjaro, Void, Fedora, OpenSUSE), it is still very much there.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 6:55 AM Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
René J.V. Bertin posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2022 12:08:07 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Tuesday August 16 2022 06:50:26 Duncan wrote:
>
>>But because it's a behavior clicking on the desktop itself, not
>>something in kwin, etc, I'd say it's almost certainly coded in either
>>plasma- workspace or plasma-desktop.
>
> Doesn't it happen in all applications?

No.  It only happens (at least for me) when long-clicking on the desktop.
Even long-clicking on a panel (which is of course plasmashell too) doesn't
trigger it.  It has to be the desktop.

I agree the OP made it seem to be in all apps and I'd have thought that if
I hadn't reproduced it only on the desktop, here, but that's not what I'm
seeing.  If it /is/ in all apps for him, wow, that *would* be a problem!

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs.
and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman