Re: A way to disable the long-left mouse click shortcut to enter "Edit Mode" / modifying widgets?

On Tuesday August 16 2022 11:35:44 Koeame wrote:
>that package was, but it was plasma-touch related), but that did not work.
>What if I just uninstalled plasma5-workspace as a package? lol

That will probably also uninstall most of what gives you the Plasma DE (but I can be wrong).

There's an alternative KDE desktop shell which is purely widget-based (no QML like Plasma uses primarily nowadays I think). You can run that as an alternative to plasmashell. Last time I checked it probably didn't have an "edit mode" at all. So there's that solution. You may have to build it yourself though, if no one made a PPA for it.

If the issue is limited to the desktop it would be easier just to log in to a different DE. It may not look as fancy, but you could actually find your computer more responsive because Plasma isn't exactly low-resource anymore (as far as I can tell).