Re: Kde/Plasma localization settings

Hi Alexander,

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 at 19:54, Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

I recently wanted to change the GUI-language for a new account to German, but
failed. Regional Settings/Language contains only German language, but the
result is a half translated system. Even Systemsettings itself showed only the
left menu in German, the context elements where English.
That is strange, but probably a problem on the distribution side. Make sure to have all language packages installed from your distribution before switching the language.
This should be done then in the system settings (or per app if you choose so). The new version will then fully show only on the next login.

Keep in mind that we do not provide translations for non-KDE applications, this is entirely up to the distributions to handle.

Regards, Myriam

--
Pronouns: she/her
Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community: