Kde/Plasma localization settings

Hi there,

I recently wanted to change the GUI-language for a new account to German, but
failed. Regional Settings/Language contains only German language, but the
result is a half translated system. Even Systemsettings itself showed only the
left menu in German, the context elements where English.

I found out that language can be set by editing .config/plasma-localerc with a
text editor, but Systemsettings does not seem to touch it.

What is going wrong?

Thanks,
    Alex