Re: New task manager

On Tuesday October 26 2021 12:09:19 rhkramer@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I'd have to check on the frequency (not up to it this morning / afternoon),
>but I think I get a refresh rate of 60 Hz. at the 1920x1080 resolution  -- ahh
>wait, easier than I thought (displayed when I switch to and then back from a
>VT (e.g, <ctrl><alt><F1> bacj to ... <F7>)

Sorry, my bad - I meant the response time . A 60hz refresh rate (whatever that actually means with an LCD!) still requires only a 16.667ms response time (transition from [almost] full white to [almost] full black). IIRC my panel has a 5ms response time. The faster that time, the less trailing you get when high-contrast objects move across the screen, for instance.

Then again, I think one of my parents' friends already had a high frequency TV almost 25 years ago - a CRT or early LCD. Of course (traditional) TV is 25 fps here in PAL/SECAM land, so what they did was just to present each frame twice. I suppose the main interest was less flicker perceived in peripheral vision or when you make scanning eye movements.

>Have a good day!

Evening rather but thx, you too :)

R.