Re: Years later, kmail still is not a viable email client?

"J.B. Nicholson" wrote:

> Thanks for your help, but I'm afraid that the KMail account setup
> wizard is doing nothing which gives me any indication that it is
> even trying to connect to my IMAP or SMTP servers to figure out
> what the best setup ought to be.

IMO time to stop depending on KMail to tell you what it is doing. Run
tcpdump (-s0 -wfile) concurrently with your connection attempt. Maybe
that will give you some clues.
--
         Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA       +1 714 434 7359
       dave@xxxxxxxxxxx              dhclose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx