Re: Years later, kmail still is not a viable email client?

On Tuesday October 13 2020 13:41:25 Dave Close wrote:

>> In fact, I just realise that much of what I read and my own experience
>> make me think of Microsoft products from a certain era...
>
>To dedicated Linux users, that may well be the ultimate put-down...

I realised that too, of course. But heh, how many of those dedicated users remember what they had to put *up* with when they wanted a desktop experience comparable to what Microsoft offered? ;) I for one kept DE environments off my Linux workstation (I used ctwm) because I had an MSWin box for "that kind of work' (and later, ran my Unix/X11 stuff and ctwm under XQuartz, a key/screen-toggle away from a full-blown Mac OS X "Aqua" session that was better than anything Linux had to offer in terms of DEs.

Not really fair to mention, but my KMail 4.14 is actually much like Win10. It works until it doesn't, and regularly (during startup, for instance) you wonder what on earth it's doing, if it even noticed your request, or what happened to your supposedly fast CPU ;)