Re: Is KDE desktop able to automatically fit the constantly changing display size?

On Saturday May 02 2020 16:04:36 LAI YONG YANG wrote:
>I didn't try xrandr, I think it's quite inconvenient to do so because
>the remote session window can be arbitrarily resize to any resolution.

Invoking xrandr would only be required if the resolution changes aren't detected automatically.

>Following your instruction, I checked xserver information in KCM after
>resizing the remote session window, I found KDE do be aware of current
>display resolution. Windows adjust their position and size, but desktop
>background and widgets didn't react to this size change.
>
>If I shrink the remote display size to resolution like 1024x728, widgets
>will become invisible because they are outside the display area. Those
>widgets,  they did not disappear, they showed up again after the session
>window were restored to larger size.

If I understand you correctly, KWin did react, but not the Plasma shell. That's either a bug or a feature though if the latter I'd expect that KWin ignored resolution changes too. Or not: maybe the idea is that you initiate resolution changes through that KCM, and only that way.
You best approach would be to post about this on the plasma-devel ML, and if that doesn't get any replies, file an issue on bugs.kde.org .

Does that work for you, btw, selecting a new screen resolution in the display KCM? If that doesn't work either you have an answer to your original question...

R.