Re: Something about Chrome and KDE Wallet Service

On 12/13/2012 04:34 AM, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Thursday, 2012-12-13, Duncan wrote:

First, a quick request.  Please refrain from posting HTML to the kde
lists, as last I checked was suggested in the kde mailing list
guidelines.  Not everyone wants the security and other risks associated
with using a standard HTML parser on messages which could be sent by
anyone and used, among other things, for "web bug" spyware and other
malware.  Plain text is good. =:^)
This could be a problem of your setup. The mail of Burgess Wong contains both
a plain text version and a HTML version (multipart/mixed).

This allows the recipient's mail reader to display whatever its user prefers,
in my case the plain text version. Seems your mail reader thinks you prefer
the HTML version.

Second, I believe you'll find a thread on this very topic from the end of
November, over on the kde-linux list (as opposed to the kde-general list,
this one), rather useful.
The two issues sound similar but not identical. The user on kde-linux had the
issue that each new tab caused a KWallet authentication request, while here it
seems to be limited to Chrome startup.

Obviously KWallet as the service can't do anything about Chrome asking for
access, however, it usually can control whether it needs to ask the user.

I had a look at KWalletmanager and it has the option to not ask at all.
Alternatively it can have different access rules for different applications.
Maybe the rule for Chrome is currently set to "always ask" and could be
deleted and at next access replaced with "always grant".

Cheers,
Kevin

Using PCLOS, KDE 4.9.2. I too see the nonsense about KWallet when I try
to use chrome, so I won't bother with Chrome unless I can get rid of it.
However, when I try to go to kwalletmanager, I don't get any configuration
setup, all I get is this:

$ kwalletmanager
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave. QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.

I have no idea at all what this means!  anyone care to assist?

--doug