Re: Why KDE4 is called KDE?

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 00:12:55 Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> On Monday 07 December 2009, Steven Crooks wrote:
> > It's not even FUD, it's pointless ranting!
>
> (...)
>
> >KDE3 is _dead_!
> > Get used to it, or change to what ever serves you the best. That's one of
> > the best things in FOSS, you'll always have the choice!
> >
> > Just my 2 ¢
> >
> > Steven
>
> This stupidity is not even worth 2 ¢ (and is rude at that).
>
> We are quite a number of KDE 3 users that believe your "dead end" was/is
>  "the best". I've come to discover the bad side of FOSS: if KDE was a
>  commercial product, perhaps knowing that some users are unsatisfied
>  would/could drive the developers to listen to them.
>
> What you are saying is the same Anne was telling me before: you did not pay
> for it, you have nothing to say, just be happy with whatever you get for
> free...
>
> I think I'm going to take a look at non free software because if OSS devs
> develop only for themselves, maybe I have more luck with devs that work for
> their users...
>
> I can tell you that if anyone keeps KDE 3 alive, I'll be glad to pay for
>  it!
>
> Since I've started testing KDE 4 very little of the issues I had have been
> addressed. Part of them are exactly Istvan's.
>
> But your answer explains it all: jump on the KDE 4 train or go your way, we
> have no interrest in what you think and any comment that is not supporting
> KDE 4 is "FUD" :(
>
> And Anne, don't come again with your favorite  "If you have a specific
> question will try to help you". As Istvan said, we want KDE 3
>  functionalities back, since none of the new functionalities of KDE 4
>  enhance our use of the desktop, we don't want workaround that let you do a
>  complicated way what you used to be able to do the simple way.
>
> Thierry

Sorry for being rude, but when i write "KDE3 is dead" i mean, that i don't
think that any of the KDE-devs will spend time and manpower in continuing
KDE3, so any complaining 'bout that point is useless imho.

And again sorry, but Istvan's initial posting was far beyond being contructive
and Anne did right to ask him to be a little more specific in his complaints.

Steven