Re: Why KDE4 is called KDE?

On Monday 07 December 2009, Steven Crooks wrote:
> It's not even FUD, it's pointless ranting!
(...)
>KDE3 is _dead_!
> Get used to it, or change to what ever serves you the best. That's one of
> the best things in FOSS, you'll always have the choice!
>
> Just my 2 ¢
>
> Steven

This stupidity is not even worth 2 ¢ (and is rude at that).

We are quite a number of KDE 3 users that believe your "dead end" was/is "the
best". I've come to discover the bad side of FOSS: if KDE was a commercial
product, perhaps knowing that some users are unsatisfied would/could drive
the developers to listen to them.

What you are saying is the same Anne was telling me before: you did not pay
for it, you have nothing to say, just be happy with whatever you get for
free...

I think I'm going to take a look at non free software because if OSS devs
develop only for themselves, maybe I have more luck with devs that work for
their users...

I can tell you that if anyone keeps KDE 3 alive, I'll be glad to pay for it!

Since I've started testing KDE 4 very little of the issues I had have been
addressed. Part of them are exactly Istvan's.

But your answer explains it all: jump on the KDE 4 train or go your way, we
have no interrest in what you think and any comment that is not supporting
KDE 4 is "FUD" :(

And Anne, don't come again with your favorite  "If you have a specific
question will try to help you". As Istvan said, we want KDE 3 functionalities
back, since none of the new functionalities of KDE 4 enhance our use of the
desktop, we don't want workaround that let you do a complicated way what you
used to be able to do the simple way.

Thierry