Re: Duplexing prints on one side only

Anne Wilson wrote:

> Well, wady'know!  This is a big step forward.
>

> For the last couple of weeks I've been playing around with a netbook, but
> since I expected to be using it away from home I'd never set up printing.
> I've got Fedora10 on it, and this afternoon I used system-config-printer to
> set it up.  It duplexes perfectly, printing 2-up on each side, if that's what
> I want!  I then installed hplip and checked it out again.  I have access to
> all the tools and printing is still perfect.  Then I came back to Mandriva.
>
> I thought I had better check whether system-config-printer had made the
> difference, so I called it from Mandriva.  It pulled in 14 print-related
> packages!  However, nothing has changed.  I still can't print on the second
> side from MDV 2009 :-(
>

> The only problem left, on the netbook, is to find a way to set default margins
> etc.

perseverance does work. :)

do not have *netbook* installed, :(

so try this, log google linux at:

   http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&output=linux&restrict=linux

in line;

 *all these words:*, enter from below, including "" AND '-' as shown.

hits = 'all these words:'

154 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin"
131 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin" -blackberry
255 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin" -Mac
153 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin" -"of planes"
131 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin" -microsoft

241 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin" -blackberry -Mac
240 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin" -blackberry -Mac -"of planes" -microsoft
137 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin" -blackberry -Mac -"of planes" -psion
 16 = "netbook" AND "print" AND "margin" -blackberry -Mac -"of planes" -psion
- -microsoft

half way done, should/maybe help you some. have fun. ;o)

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it.
**
learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition'   http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project'   http://www.tldp.org/