Duplexing prints on one side only

I have a strange print problem and need some ideas on where to look.  My
printer is set to duplex, and from the KDE4 print setup it does turn the
paper.  However it then ejects it without printing on the second side.

Any ideas, please?  It has worked in the past, so it's probably a version
problem, but of which package?

Anne