Re: No info when mouse over files/dir's with Konqueror on F9

On Friday 07 November 2008 19:03:13 Nigel Henry wrote:
> I've already asked this here, and on the KDE list, but with no replies.
>
> On KDE 3.5.9, when hovering the mouse over a file, or directory in
> Konqueror's file manager, I get a popup showing info for the file/dir, and
> at the same time, a line at the bottom of Konquerors window showing the
> same info.
>
> For example. If the file/dir is a link, it shows where it's pointing to.
>
> With F9, I have to right click, and access the properties to get this info,
> which if you're checking out the links on multiple files, like I am doing
> in trying to resolve a Java problem, it can be very time consuming.
>
> is this supposed to work on F9 KDE4, as it did on KDE3?
>
> A simple yes or no will do.

I don't think so, Nigel.  I tend to use dolphin pretty much all the time now,
and there are a couple of options for getting the info.  You can either elect
to have various attributes shown under the icon, or you can have an info panel
to the right of the main window, though that only shows the file you have
selected, so it's still one bit at a time.

When I'm wanting to deal with a lot of files at once I turn on the attributes
- View > Additional Information > and choose what I want to see.  HTH

Anne