Re: No info when mouse over files/dir's with Konqueror on F9

On Friday 07 November 2008 20:28, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > I've already asked this here, and on the KDE list, but with no replies.
> >
> > On KDE 3.5.9, when hovering the mouse over a file, or directory in
> > Konqueror's file manager, I get a popup showing info for the file/dir,
> > and at the same time, a line at the bottom of Konquerors window showing
> > the same info.
> >
> > For example. If the file/dir is a link, it shows where it's pointing to.
> >
> > With F9, I have to right click, and access the properties to get this
> > info, which if you're checking out the links on multiple files, like I am
> > doing in trying to resolve a Java problem, it can be very time consuming.
> >
> > is this supposed to work on F9 KDE4, as it did on KDE3?
> >
> > A simple yes or no will do.
>
> I don't get a popup (tooltip), but I've seen KDE4 screenshots that have
> it, so I am wondering if I have it disabled. I /do/ get info in the
> status bar (file type or symlink destination).
>
> I'm running trunk, so this may be working better than in 4.1 (I'd expect
> to see it in 4.2).
>
> --
> Matthew

Thanks for the reply Matthew. Perhaps I'll just be patient, and wait a while.

I'm not too familiar with the status bar. Is that the one that's at the bottom
of the window, and is usually where I see file info. If so, I see no info
there. All I see at the bottom of Konquerors window is a green LED type
thingy, and the mouse has no effect on it.

I have a whole bunch of distros using KDE3, but the only one with KDE4 is
Fedora9. KDE4 is different to KDE3, but I'm willing to work with it, and see
how it moves on.

Thanks again for your reply.

Nigel.