Re: Bear in mind that we do NOT receive our own posts (Re: Lost mails)

dhcolesj@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote, On 08/28/2007 01:38 PM:

> I'm on another list that I use GMAIL for and I don't get a copy back of
> the message I send to a list.  I'm not sure why, I just know my wife has
> similar problems.  If anyone knows how to fix that I'd sure appreciate
> it as well.
>
> See Ya' Howard.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6588&query=myself&topic=&type=f
    automatically skips your inbox and archives the message to save you
    time and prevent clutter. The message will appear in your inbox
    if someone responds to it or if there is an error delivering the
    message. If you'd like to view your message, you can find it in Sent
    Mail or All Mail.
------------

The problem with this is that the POP service won't download the message
if it's addressed FROM you TO you.

You still occasionally have to login to gmail's web i/f and check your
mail.

Gmail has a lot of defects IMHO, mainly related to its lack of
customizability ("Hey, WE know what's best for YOU!").  (i use it anyway)

--stephen
--
Stephen Dowdy  -  Systems Administrator  -  NCAR/RAL
303.497.2869   -  sdowdy@xxxxxxxx        -  http://www.ral.ucar.edu/~sdowdy/