pixmaps on rekall

I've just started experimenting with using rekall/mysql on suse-9.1 and while I have no problem setting up tables and forms generally, I can't see how to get a pixmap to display on a form using a path generated from information held in the database.

I want to be able to show a pixmap on a form which relates to the personal data - ie an image of a person referred to in the record.
I envisage the pixmaps (as jpgs) into a directory on my server. Each image would then be identified by the name of the individual depicted. That way, the pixmap could be displayed by referring to the path to the server directory and appending the name of the person and ".jpg".

Temporarily, I've set up a table consisting of fields for just the record id (integer, primary key), path (varchar) and a form displaying this data and a pixmap object.

For the pixmap object, I've tried inserting the field name for the path in the "display data" property. I've also tried inserting the path manually into the same property. So far, I haven't been able to get any image to display.

When using a graphic object, there's no problem with displaying the image, but of course it is fixed and not related to the data.

Any help would be much appreciated.