Re: Re: spam blocker

David P James wrote:

On Mon 19 April 2004 09:45, Albert Cervera Areny wrote:

I tried spamassassin with kmail filters (the last filter) but It was
so extremely slow that I prefer deleting spam by hand. Even appling
filters to a single mail manually is very very slooww. Anybody knows
how I can solve that? Using the spamassassin daemon didn't help
either.

Maybe not what you're looking for, but don't use spamassassin. Use bogofilter instead since it doesn't eat up system resources to run.

http://david.jamesnet.ca/kde/kmail_bogofilter.html

Cheers,

Hello Everyone,

The coolest semantic that I have seen to deal with spam, does it merely block or filter, it tricks
the offending system into thing that the target mail_hosts will accept the spam mail. Actually
it does not, so the spammer (bogus email sender) has to purge unsent/unaccepted email, thus
creating a burden on their systems. Although it is implemented in OpenBSD, the is no reason
that the Linux/KDE community could not build these sort of defensed right into the gui management
that is used to manage a mail server or mail semanitc.

http://www.benzedrine.cx/relaydb.html

James