Re: Flash plugins not recognised

Shane Shields wrote:

Hi all

I have tried to install the flash plugin for konqueror but it doesnt recognise it. There are no errors given and the plugin's path is /lib/mozilla/plugins so it should see it. As I don't have mozilla or netscape installed the install script was unable to determine the correct directory. I grokked the script to find out that it only copied the relevent files to the specified directory which I did manually (/lib/mozilla/plugins). This is a default search path for plugins for konqueror which I set as the first search path. Does anyone have any idea why konqueror doesnt see the plugin? I am using cvs branch KDE_3_2_BRANCH date 20040209.

This is a mystery to me since IWFM.

First check the permissions of the two files:

	flashplayer.xpt
	libflashplayer.so

They should be root:root:755

Then open a Konsole and run:

nspluginscan

Do you get any errors about: 'flash'? You can use:

nspluginscan 2>&1 | grep flash

if there is a lot of output.

Then try (in Konqueror):

http://www.eye4u.com/

{it takes a little while to load}

If this doesn't work, then open the: "Plugins" section of the Konqueror KCM and go to: "Plugins" tab. Is: "libflashplayer.so" listed in the window?

--
JRT